Cucumber, tomatoes, feta, and Kalamata olives are combined with an easy-to-make lemon herb vinaigrette in this quick and delicious Greek salad. It’s perfect for any occasion because you can prepare it ahead of time and only dress it before serving.
You won’t believe how tasty this twist on a traditional Greek salad is, especially considering how healthy it is. To elevate this salad to the next level, I’ve added bell pepper for crunch and fantastic fresh herbs like fresh thyme and oregano for a unique Greek salad dressing.
WHAT MAKES GREEK SALAD DRESSING?
- The purest form of olive oil
- Dark wine vinegar thyme oregano salt pepper lemon
- When I make your favorite dish, I stir in some honey mustard.
IS GREEK SALAD GOOD FOR YOU?
YES! Packed with healthy stuff like fiber and vitamins A and C. If you’re looking to cut even more calories per serving, try using less Feta. Greek salad dressing has very little calories because it is mostly just olive oil, so you may use less of it if you’re trying to watch your intake.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 8 people
WHAT DISHES DO YOU SERVE WITH GREEK SALAD?
- Greek Spinach Pie (Spanakopita) with Feta, Dill, and a Crispy Filo Crust
- Delicious Greek chicken marinated with lemon juice.
- You can eat Greek Easter Bread any time of the year. Enjoy the subtle orange flavoring.
- Addictively tasty cooked sole with a creamy spinach sauce
EASY GREEK SALAD RECIPE
- Combine oregano, thyme, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a container.
- Mix in some honey mustard, vinegar, and lemon juice/zest. Mix thoroughly, then put aside.
- Slice one English cucumber in half lengthwise.
- Cut a half a cup of red onion into paper-thin slices.
- Make halves out of those Kalamata olives.
- Cut larger tomatoes into wedges or in half if they’re cherry tomatoes.
- Cubeize a bell pepper after removing the seeds.
- Put the tomatoes, olives, onions, peppers, and cucumbers in a big bowl. Add lots of crumbled feta cheese to the salad.
- Toss salad with dressing right before serving. More oregano can be used as a garnish if desired.
HOW TO MAKE A PROFESSIONAL-LEVEL GREEK SALAD
- A perfect salad for prepping ahead of time! Simply toss before serving, and dress, if necessary.
- To make this salad more substantial, try substituting romaine lettuce for the iceberg.
- Use a vegan cheese and dijon mustard, or swap the feta for avocado to make this dish vegan.
- If you want to save time making this salad, make sure to get PITTED Kalamata olives.
THE DRESSING INGREDIENTS
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 3 tablespoons crushed oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- One large English cucumber,
- one red bell pepper,
- three tomato halves,
- one half cup of Kalamata olives,
- half a cup of thinly sliced red onion,
- seven ounces of crumbled feta, and
- one sprig of oregano
1 serving = 173 calories, 9 grams of carbohydrates, 4 grams of protein, 13 grams of fat, 4 grams of saturated fat, 22 milligrams of cholesterol, 858 milligrams of sodium, 254 milligrams of potassium, 2 grams of fiber, 4 grams of sugar, 11 milligrams of vitamin A, 31 milligrams of vitamin C, 179 milligrams of calcium, and 1.5 milligrams of iron.
DOWNLOAD ARTICLE+RECIPE IN PDF FORMAT