Check out this super easy and yummy strawberry salad! It’s got fresh, juicy strawberries, peppery rocket, creamy goat cheese, crunchy walnuts, and a tangy vinaigrette with thyme and pickled shallots. So good! You can totally use toasted pecans instead of walnuts and this dressing is bomb on pretty much any salad!
The return of strawberry season means that everything in my home is being made with them! It only takes a few minutes to prepare this delectable salad. Don’t skip this stage; I always toast walnuts because it enhances the flavour and texture. I enjoy making a sizable batch of toast so that I have plenty on hand for dishes and snacks.
Course: Appetizer, dinner, Salad, Side Dish, Snack
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Although I cheated and dipped the walnuts in strawberry jam as soon as they came out of the oven, you can completely candy the walnuts with butter and sugar. It kind of hardens and sizzles a little before delivering a sweet kiss.
Let’s now discuss the sauce! Can I inform you that vinegar pickling shallots is magical? This is amazing. You must because they are simply delectable and the bite disappears.
Prepare the dressing, toast the walnuts, and cleanse the strawberries if you want to prepare this ahead of time. The remaining pieces will come together quickly. I adore the piquant bite of rocket or arugula, but you can substitute spring greens or any other type of green you like, just don’t use iceberg!
A Step by Step guide for the recipe
- Set the oven to 350 degrees. On a baking pan, spread the walnuts out evenly.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes. I didn’t have time to make a fast candied walnut, so I cheated! As soon as the toasted walnuts came out of the oven, I instantly covered them in strawberry jam.
- The jam on the almonds was cooked by the heat! Allow them to reach room temperature. Strawberries should be cut.
- The goat cheese should be divided. Add chopped shallots, salt, and champagne vinegar to a mason container.
- Add the olive oil.
- Thyme stems are added; shake. Allow the onions to pickle in the vinegar for about 10 minutes.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SALAD
you’ll need: 1 quart cut fresh strawberries; 2 ounces goat cheese; 5 ounces arugula; 12 cup toasted walnuts; and 14 cup strawberry jam
TO MAKE THE DRESSING
combine one medium shallot with one tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, one sprinkle of kosher salt, one cup champagne vinegar, and one sprig of lemon thyme.
Calories: 230kcal; Carbohydrates: 19g; Protein: 6g; Fat: 16g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 3mg; Sodium: 81mg; Potassium: 64mg; Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 12g; Vitamins: 550IU Vitamin A; 3.3mg Vitamin C; 50mg Calcium; 0.7mg Iron
download article+ recipe in pdf format